Leghorn Roo?

Angela Thomson

Songster
6 Years
Aug 6, 2017
Southern Indiana
Posting for friend. She said she paid good money as a chick. Not a female or the breed which I forgot what she said.
DBC8A7AF-2EF0-4B5B-B169-66E9E16318B7.jpeg

That’s a Cornish cross cockerel. Cornish x are meat birds, by the way. Which means they will grow at a alarming rate, and are meant to be butchered at around 8-16 weeks. Unless proper diet is given (feed restrictions), and getting them to exercise more helps, their quality of life decreases greatly once they pass butcher date. They can develop leg problems and heart issues. Your friend was lied to, and charging good money for a meat bird and passing it off as a leghorn is terrible.

M
That’s a Cornish cross cockerel. Cornish x are meat birds, by the way. Which means they will grow at a alarming rate, and are meant to be butchered at around 8-16 weeks. Unless proper diet is given (feed restrictions), and getting them to exercise more helps, their quality of life decreases greatly once they pass butcher date. They can develop leg problems and heart issues. Your friend was lied to, and charging good money for a meat bird and passing it off as a leghorn is terrible.
Her and I thought it was a leghorn and we knew the roo part. I will post on here tomorrow what she ‘bought’!

Back
Top Bottom