Leghorn Thread

Right now I only have 2 rose comb Brown Leghorns, but I am getting more. Mine are really sweet, they like to follow me around all the the time. I havent found any information about breeding RC brown leghorn, so I have a question. If you breed a RCBL with a RCBL do you get all RCBL offspring?

Here are some pics of my 2 girls ( by the way this just a temporary pen they are in)

I've always liked rose comb breeds. I'm sorry no one has answered your question,cccccccchickens. There's a brown leghorn club, but tried to get in touch with them and never received a response. I've wanted to find a good line of white and rose comb browns for awhile. I haven't seen any since I was a boy.

Last edited:
I've always liked rose comb breeds. I'm sorry no one has answered your question,cccccccchickens. There's a brown leghorn club, but tried to get in touch with them and never received a response. I've wanted to find a good line of white and rose comb browns for awhile. I haven't seen any since I was a boy.
I looked on the club website and didnt really find anything. I actually just recieved some eggs today. I found someone in arkansas. A family that has a farm had some. They sell chickens and hatching eggs, I dont know if I would call ita hatchery though. I emailed them because i dont want hatchery quality birds and they said they are breeder quality. They do not think that they have reacjed the point where they have exhibition potential. Something for me to work on. If you are interested I can give you a link.

I contacted the American Leghorn Breeders Association today. I'll await a reply. I appreciate your reply, but since I'm in Northern California, I don't like the idea of shipping chicks too far. I've had some bad genes coming from hatcheries in the past with other breeds. I have been pleased with the California Greys I bought from Privett though. All very healthy.

Thank you. Still no reply. I've never bought eggs. It is a crap shoot if the eggs are handled carelessly. If you or anyone knows of a reputable breeder of leghorns, I'd appreciate the tip.
It is a luck of the draw kind of thing. Mine got shipped all the way from arkansas to indiana. Arrived in great shape. they set me 6 extras and not one of the eggs was cracked. They also included a cool pack. Like I said before, they have breeder qualitity. It is a start. I wish I could of found multiple people so I actually could of had a choice on who to get from. I emailed the owner directly and talked to her a little before I got eggs and she was very honest with me. This is the only lead I have, let me know if you find another. Mine are in the incubator right now. Here is a link to their website
http://shop.gabbardhatchingeggs.com/collections/hatching-eggs/products/rose-comb-brown-leghorn

Back
Top Bottom