lemon blue genetics

Goes on alot on several boards. This one included. It has caused several arguments in a thread that I "thought" was for a lemon-blue color only...but I could definitely be wrong on that one.

Quote:
Well, maybe my listing will help educate the bidders. I just placed this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160560705678

I made it clear that these were not Lemon Blues and even posted a link to this thread. Hoping it will help. Now if someone wants to bid on my extra eggs, then so be it. At least they will know what they are bidding on...yard art that will lay a few eggs. Now if I can locate a Black, Blue or Splash male for my daughter, we will set the eggs ourselves.

Many BYCers just want yard art and have no interest in exhibition. We have these two pullets and it would be a shame to just eat the eggs. I placed them at a $15 starting price and someone has already bid on them. So we can get at least a bag of feed for them. The Blue Orpington Bantam pullet is on dispaly at the Big Bird Classic II tomorrow in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.

At the rate of $30 a dozen, we CANNOT afford to eat these eggs! (6 eggs for $15).

I know the feeling and blame noone for selling hatching eggs. I just wish everyone would be honest about it. Now there are some blue laced red wyandottes that have taken several best in shows, hmmm, not even a standard color yet.

Quote:
A non-Standard variety CANNOT win over a Standard variety according to the Standard of Perfection (SOP). Must not have been a sanctioned show...or the judge forgot the SOP. If there are no other Wyandottes in the show, then it could get Best of Breed, but not qualify for any other standing. The worst hatchery orpington should win over the best non-Standard variety.

When will the BLRW be presented for inclusion? They are pretty ... if, they are up to good color and type.

These are photos of a friend's 12wk-old Icelandic cockerel .. would he be considered a lemon blue, or if not, what then?

Back
Top Bottom