Lemon cuckoo Orpington questions

So dbl barred roo over single barred hen will give me 50% dbl barred and 50% single barred?

If I breed two double barred do I get excessive lightness?

So dbl barred roo over single barred hen will give me 50% dbl barred and 50% single barred?

If I breed two double barred do I get excessive lightness?
No,

a Double Barred rooster will give 100% Barred hens(hens can only have one copy of barring, and since the father has two copies, this means 100% of the hens will be Barred) and 100% double barred roosters(rooster out of this cross will get one barring gene from the father and the only barring gene from mother.)

She is a nice keeper.
I´m extracting Dominant Dilute Di out of her(Dominant Dilute Di is a dominant gene the dilutes Red and gold and makes it into a Lemon/Buff color, all of Self Buff colored birds have this dilution gene, one extracted you can add it to another color like Black Breasted Red and make them look like Black Breasted Lemon/Cream color kind of like golden duckwing but it will breed true)

I´m extracting Dominant Dilute Di out of her(Dominant Dilute Di is a dominant gene the dilutes Red and gold and makes it into a Lemon/Buff color, all of Self Buff colored birds have this dilution gene, one extracted you can add it to another color like Black Breasted Red and make them look like Black Breasted Lemon/Cream color kind of like golden duckwing but it will breed true)
That is an interesting project you have going on. I would like to see some pics to help me learn more if you don't mind.

Also, on my lemons I'm I gonna need to take them back at some point to English buff Orpington? VIVI

No,

a Double Barred rooster will give 100% Barred hens(hens can only have one copy of barring, and since the father has two copies, this means 100% of the hens will be Barred) and 100% double barred roosters(rooster out of this cross will get one barring gene from the father and the only barring gene from mother.)

So the hen cannot give a reg gene? If she has one barred and one reg....couldn't she give either?

I've seen some hens that look double barred..mine doesn't show barring.

So the hen cannot give a reg gene? If she has one barred and one reg....couldn't she give either?

I've seen some hens that look double barred..mine doesn't show barring.
She cant give a regular barring gene... there are None double barred hens..

Why? simple, Barring is sex linked, hens have only one Z sex cromosome(they have a W sex gene, but its as useless and as small as human Y chromosome) roosters have two Z chromosomes(ZZ)

I see...so no lco hens can show barring? Can I sex my chicks then at hatch?

I appreciate your responses, I've been wondering and not able to find good info.

That is an interesting project you have going on. I would like to see some pics to help me learn more if you don't mind.
Buff is so complex and not very well understood and documented, because of this I´m seggregating strange looking birds(buff can hid many other genes, as I have found out)..

here is BC1 hen(F1 back crossed to Buff or parent)

she looks like Mauve(a chocolate colored bird crossed with blue)

here is my Dilute Boy(ER/eWh Di/di+ and bunch of genetics coming out because he is ER) he also look like Chocolate blue mix

Also, on my lemons I'm I gonna need to take them back at some point to English buff Orpington? VIVI
Only if you want to darken the buff color..

Back
Top Bottom