Lemon Splash Bantam Cochins

These are my Henry & Annie. ❤️
5D7D9EE0-E255-4C9A-9553-7D801CE9CA05.png
A6F903E0-868F-4E50-8973-4B3E0F875F01.jpeg

She’s killing me, because she’s 8 months old and hasn’t started laying yet. I’m itching to start breeding them! lol
My hen only started laying at 10 mos after a hawk attack and 8 days on antibiotics and living in our house! Maybe she was about to anyway. She is a mix, high black feathers on head and down neck and grey the rest of body, larger breed. We actually thought she must be a hermaphrodite she was so unlike her nestmates! Course boys were not jumping on her like the others but they do now. A downside for her but she seems happy with the egg experience. This seems like an odd question but when you get hatched chickens do you let them interbreed?

My hen only started laying at 10 mos after a hawk attack and 8 days on antibiotics and living in our house! Maybe she was about to anyway. She is a mix, high black feathers on head and down neck and grey the rest of body, larger breed. We actually thought she must be a hermaphrodite she was so unlike her nestmates! Course boys were not jumping on her like the others but they do now. A downside for her but she seems happy with the egg experience. This seems like an odd question but when you get hatched chickens do you let them interbreed?
I’m just starting my program, but I think that is called line breeding. I’m still reading up on it as I’m on the first generation right now.

Back
Top Bottom