Less mess duckling water

I think in general that ducks don't like being touched or handled. Once they are big enough to go outside, you will find that they enjoy spending time with you and like to come over and "peck," or more like dabble on you, as long as you are sitting still. You can teach them to eat out of your hand, with some patience.

One of my drakes lets me touch his bill with my fingertip, but depending upon his mood he may decide to nip at my finger. This was a game we played when he was an only drake and he wanted to herd me around.

While I have heard accounts of lap ducks, I don't believe such behavior comes naturally to ducks.

Above all else, the one thing that makes you popular with ducks is digging in the garden . . . they just love to see what you are going to dig up for them.

I had the same problem...I used the gallon milk jug with the holes . I also found this pic on another forum, and it looks like it would work well too.

duckwaterer.jpg

Thats a great idea im guna go make one soon for my 2 dozen crested ducklings.

They destroy the waterer ever hour.

Yeah I need a little advice for my mallard ducklings cause they love to bathe in their water... Its muddy everyday and I have to keep cleaning it over and over but its all worth it at the end of the day.. Their to cute to be mad at! But I do want a better waterer and I need tips on how to make one and what kind of milk carton or other..

I'm new here today looking for help with water mess! We have 6 hens and 1 male Ruin duck. He makes such a mess and we always have a mud pit in the run by the water. If it's an open pan, he swims and poops in it. If it's a regular fount for hens, he slobbers all around it! HELP!!! Need advice!

Back
Top Bottom