Let me help you find the best dog breed that matches your life style and needs:

Pics
I can suggest Leonberger to people left and right but how they are going to find one?
They're not going to find one so definitely don't suggest them left and right, It'll set them up for frustration. And again, you have be ALL IN to the breed, not just trying it out to pay what they cost. All of that said, they would go to the Leonberger Club of America for a breeder list and start contacting breeders by pouring a big tall glass of being okay with no response. When people get frustrated and just "have to have" a Leo, they will then find the backyard breeders and the vicious cycle continues.... It's not completely futile, they just have to be encouraged to only contact LCA Breeders and to understand that they have waiting lists and serious sets of criteria for puppy placement.

The Shiloh Shepherd has a combination of German Shepherd and Alaskan Malamute in their genetic makeup.
It is a compromise that is closer to what your husband and daughter want compare to a pure German Shepherd that you want.

I love that you want a working line . If there is any hope in German Shepherd , it is within working lines but if you are ok to put up with all a young German Shepherd brings , then why not try the magnificent Belgian sheepdog?
Oh the belgian shepherd looks very interesting, I didn't even know about them. We have very few breeders here in New Zealand but if the timing worked out they could be a very good option. Thank you.

Correct.

Companion, goes almost everywhere with me.

Medium to large (50 to 120 pounds)

Probably the second option. I need the dog to listen to me in an emergency .

O

Purpose: companion/family
Living: inside
Other pets: chickens, cats, rabbit
Experience: Been around dogs for 6-7 years, owned a beagle mix for a year and fostered multiple problem dogs.
Pet peeves: separation anxiety
Home/Living: Rural, house with 2 acres
Family: Large w/ kids youngest is 9

Please tell me what breed fits!!
Do you want to look at Keeshond?

They're not going to find one so definitely don't suggest them left and right, It'll set them up for frustration. And again, you have be ALL IN to the breed, not just trying it out to pay what they cost. All of that said, they would go to the Leonberger Club of America for a breeder list and start contacting breeders by pouring a big tall glass of being okay with no response. When people get frustrated and just "have to have" a Leo, they will then find the backyard breeders and the vicious cycle continues.... It's not completely futile, they just have to be encouraged to only contact LCA Breeders and to understand that they have waiting lists and serious sets of criteria for puppy placement.
Thanks for clarification.
If it is ok would you mind telling me what is the average price of a legitimate Leonberger Puppy?

You mean the screaming demon from hell?
You got it. They are full of character. almost all of them.
I do not like dogs that bark excessively. But I love talking dogs. If you have one ( sheltie is one of them) you know what I mean. It is much better and smoother way of communication for dogs, Huskies have begun to even articulate some words. It is the beginning of Dogs trying to talk our language but with limited Sound tools they have.

Shiba Inu is a very special breed in right hands.

You got it. They are full of character. almost all of them.
I do not like dogs that bark excessively. But I love talking dogs. If you have one ( sheltie is one of them) you know what I mean. It is much better and smoother way of communication for dogs, Huskies have begun to even articulate some words. It is the beginning of Dogs trying to talk our language but with limited Sound tools they have.

Shiba Inu is a very special breed in right hands.
I'll look into it.

Okay definitely not a shiba inu! I have guinea pigs and cats. I'm most looking at the Keeshond and various spaniels right now.

Back
Top Bottom