Let the antibiotics work? Or do I have to go in again? (bumblefoot complications)

Jan 1, 2022
Five days ago, I removed bumblefoot infection from my duck. It seemed to go well and that all the infection came out. The next day it was swollen. Initially, it looked like it was starting to heal, but it stayed swollen. More recently, it began to look infected again so I started amoxicillin yesterday. Today, the wound has a dark red scab over it. Today, I started Epsom soaks again before Vetericyn, triple antibiotic, and bandaging, which has been my routine. Should I allow more time for the antibiotics to work? Or does this look like I need to dig it out again? If I'm going to do it, I'd rather do it while she'll still have time on antibiotics, but I don't want to go back in if I don't have to. The "scab" picture is today's.

Attachments

• 3rd day.jpg
    3rd day.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 19
  • day 4 after removal.jpg
    day 4 after removal.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 9
  • scab.jpg
    scab.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 8
I am sorry this is a late response? What did you end up doing?
I finished the antibiotics and waited a few more days, but it became apparent that it was still bumblefoot. Yesterday, I did a second removal and I think it went well. It's too early to tell for sure, but I thought it looked much better today than it did the day after the last time I did it. I'm hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom