Let the countdown begin.... PICS ADDED!

fl.gif

Hi, There are about 3 of us fixing to set eggs this week...look for the thread...Please hold my hand...by repobob

Hope you have 100% success!
jumpy.gif

What type of incubator are you using?

This morning I have 1 Blue Wheaten Ameraucana & 1 Ameraucana x EE hatched and over 20 more pips that I could see.

I went to bed last night with only 1 of the Cochins pipped and was a little bummed, but this morning there were 5 more Cochins pipped! I know a couple are from my experimental Partridge x Splash cross!
smile.png

I wish I could have stayed at home and watched them and not come to work! Grrrr!

There will be pictures!

I have another group on day 10, but just a small group and I've got plans for a couple more batches of eggs to be sent to me later this month!

(Shh, do not tell anyone, I am addicted.)

I put more eggs in the bater yesterday, This time I am not candling until day 14 and and day 18. Unless an egg is leaking or reeks.

I usually don't do this well, but guess I figured out why with my messed up thermometers.

Speckled, I'm going to have lots'o extras.... just sayin'!
wink.png

Speckled, I'm going to have lots'o extras.... just sayin'!

Well, how sweet! Actually, I just found out yesterday that a very good friend will be hatching some Blue Wheatens and/or Salmon Ameraucanas and I get a pullet or two from that batch.. yippee!!​

I have finally been able to count them!

In the brooder:
5 Blue Cochins
4 Splash Cochins
8 Easter Eggers
8 Blue Wheaton Ameraucanas
4 Black Ameraucanas
5 Blue Ameraucanas

34 total

In the bator pipped
1 Cochin
1 Blue Wheaton Ameraucana
2 EE
1 Black Ameraucana

I had one Blue Ameraucana pip, but die. 1 other has not pipped.

I set 47 and culled 6 for not developing. That left 41 eggs. If all of the 5 remaining pips hatch, I will have 39 chicks.

I think my fertility test has proven that my roosters are fertile!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom