Let the feed store do it, or buy an incubator?

DO NOT ask for an incubator. You will get caught overlimit, then you will be wondering what to do once the FULL incubator starts hatching, and what about the Eggs you have arranged to arrive within days of the incubator being empty?? Stay away from the incubators, once your hooked there will be no turning back.
barnie.gif

Yeah i'm worried having an incubator may be too much temptation. Sorta like the gelatto place next to my gym.

I can check tomorrow on costs, I know there are a few ppl on craigslist that offer to split the hatch 50/50 your eggs thier bator.

A little like the saying "give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

While incubating at your house will lead to too many chickens and you'll be doing a lot of selling if you get as addicted as some of us, it's a skill you'll never be sorry you have.

Most (not all) jurisdictions do not count infant animals in limits on occupying adults. Not kittens, not puppies and not chicks. Check your laws ANONYMOUSLY. Big brother kind of sucks and the less he knows the better.

Craiglist is a good place to move a LOT of birds. I really don't have trouble moving excess, that and here there are swaps and auctions as well.

If you're limited sticking with sexually dimorphic breeds at hatch or within the first four weeks of feather will probably help out.

Just don't do silkies - it's MONTHS before you know what sex a silkie is.

Back
Top Bottom