lethargic and sneezing

thanks shes a sweety she is an OEG I used to feed pepper and pepper sauce mixed with rice (I know I feed too much rice) but they like but I stop for no reason not sure why it made them better when she was sick the last time she stopped sneezing a while she still doesn't have a runny nose but sneezing and coughing does respioriaty infection supposed to be runny? thanks for your support should I keep giving her yogurt?

oh and she doesn't have an impact crop shes just puffed and crouched up she is in the cage now tomorrow I promise for the poo pics

if her nose is not runny try to wash it. there might be some dust.

yogurt is good but not every day. I ferment wheat for probiotics.

Quote:
by fermenting the wheat you mean growing it like fodder, and how does it work as a probiotic?

Last edited:
Quote:
you ferment it in water. if you google for fermented chicken feed you will find different ways. I ferment wheat only as wheat is difficult for chickens to digest. that way chickens get maximum from wheat.

water from fermenting wheat is probiotics that industry puts in yogurt and make us pay unreasonably high price. if you wash wheat well you can drink that water too. 1 cup of wheat + 3 cups of water is the dosage. let it sit in water for at least 36 hours (I use glass jar). if you use water with chlorine let it sit for at least 24 hours (without lid) before you put wheat in. chlorine will kill good bacteria.

in what do you ferment the wheat in buckets or something and should I close the lid as the last time I fermenated it didn't work and the lid was open thanks a lot you really helped me

in what do you ferment the wheat in buckets or something and should I close the lid as the last time I fermenated it didn't work and the lid was open thanks a lot you really helped me

I ferment in in a glass jar, like this one:

I put the lid on it but do not close it. if it is too hot you ferment it for 1-2 days (summer time with 40 c). I ferment it for 2-3 days now, in the house. it will get a sweet-sour smell when it is ready. I don't ferment it too much. even if you soak it for about 15 hours will be good, but no probiotics in this case.

ok thanks, so 2-3 days to have probiotics right? and make her a bit better? today I gave all my chicken a new mix that just came in my head by doing some research and heres what I did: poured water in a pot and heat on stove not too hot just warm, until warm I added garlic, ground cinnamon, 1 pinch of sugar, and half teaspoon of yogurt, then poured it in a bottle and got some spearmint and oregano and mixed it all togeather by shaking the bottle they really liked it more than regular water (they think its sweat tea!) as I read that some farms use oregano for diseases so as cinnamon and mint for clearing the nostrils and warm to get a better smell and cuz its cold today but sunny (like spring time ) the chicks loved free ranging the sick chicken drank most of this water mix, i did this because I thought to be an anti or probiotic that are put in waterers (yogurt oregano, garlic as antibiotics)

Last edited:
I wouldn't put mint at this time of the year. it is good at summer. it lowers body temperature. put some hot pepper instead.

if you use facebook join the group: Poultry Natural Living & Herbal Care. I have learnt a lot from them.

Back
Top Bottom