Lethargic BO Urgent!

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
My 24 week old buff Orpington girl has been in the coop, not the run with the others all week. She won't eat or drink. She hasn't layed yet. She was sleeping in the nest boxes today. She sits in corners and doesn't walk unless you move her. Her wings hang and she sits on her knees. No symptoms otherwise or bleeding. Very lethargic. Just started turning red
in the face a few weeks ago. Lowest in the Peking order. The other girls gave her a few pecks and then ignored her when I out her back in with them. Please help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Now the 4 other girls have all gone to bed on the roost and he is lying on the ground. Last night she was on te roost. I have also noticed that she's not growing. Should I remove her to the other empty coop for a while?

Update: I found her dead in the coop today!
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this thread. Sorry for your loss, but being sarcastic won't help the situation. Some threads just get overlooked and with vague symptoms like that, no one could have helped you. I don't think there is anything you could have done. Considering she was just coming into lay, she may have had a heart problem and starting to lay was too much for it. I had that exact thing happen with a Delaware, same exact thing. She had not laid her first egg, was 24 weeks old, found her under the roost with her heart racing. Couldn't find a thing wrong. She died the next morning. We did open her up and found a chest cavity full of dark arterial blood and a collapsed heart chamber.

Back
Top Bottom