Lethargic but otherwise healthy hen

So I'm continuing to tube feed her and give here pedialyte. She hasn't looked better or worse over the last few days, but I just started tube feeding her as of yesterday. I will continue to tube feed and provide support for a couple of days to see if anything changes (gets better OR worse). She pooped a more normal poop today - likely since she's been digesting actual food as opposed to just passing water?

20201022_134029.jpg

I'm heavy hopeful that things will turn around - she's always been our strongest most outgoing hen. Ive got my fingers crossed!

The poop is not normal. I've seen that in hens with reproductive disorders.

Tubing fluids is a good idea if she's not able to drink on her own. The daily amount needed is in the link below.

Hope your vet is able to speak with you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/
Hey Wyorp - ive been tube feeding for a few days now without much of a change for the better or for the worse. I was thinking that today would be the day that I let her go - but just now she pooped a little and I took a closer look and found what looks like a worm! I could be wrong and it could just be intestinal lining or something- but it seems suspiciously cylindrical and wormy.

Here's the photo - let me know what you think
IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg

Hey Wyorp - ive been tube feeding for a few days now without much of a change for the better or for the worse. I was thinking that today would be the day that I let her go - but just now she pooped a little and I took a closer look and found what looks like a worm! I could be wrong and it could just be intestinal lining or something- but it seems suspiciously cylindrical and wormy.

Here's the photo - let me know what you think
View attachment 2386783
View attachment 2386784
Looks like intestinal shedding to me.

Back
Top Bottom