Lethargic chick

Honestly, she sounds like the chick I had with cocci. The other brooder mates were all running about and she just sat there in a heap. The feed store was going to cull her but instead gave her to me. IDK if your chick has cocci but I do know there doesn't always need to be blood present in the stool for it to be there. You could try giving her Corid as it can't/won't hurt her. You should start seeing improvement by day two. Also, I am far from an expert :). I just try to share my personal experience like others here have done for me. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Chick before treatment...

Chick after treatment

Honestly, she sounds like the chick I had with cocci. The other brooder mates were all running about and she just sat there in a heap. The feed store was going to cull her but instead gave her to me. IDK if your chick has cocci but I do know there doesn't always need to be blood present in the stool for it to be there. You could try giving her Corid as it can't/won't hurt her. You should start seeing improvement by day two. Also, I am far from an expert :). I just try to share my personal experience like others here have done for me. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Chick before treatment...

Chick after treatment

That's what she looks like. Should I treat everyone just to be safe?

I only had the one chick but looked into it before answering. The BYC article (Coccidiosis And Medicated Feed) says to treat all of them. Be sure to mix it up fresh daily for 5-7 days and have this be their only source of drinking water.

I only had the one chick but looked into it before answering. The BYC article (Coccidiosis And Medicated Feed) says to treat all of them. Be sure to mix it up fresh daily for 5-7 days and have this be their only source of drinking water.

Forgot to mention that it is a good idea to give vitamins, electrolytes and a good probiotic after completing treatment. Good luck with your chick and let me know if you have any questions :).

Back
Top Bottom