Lethargic chick

TrialandError

Songster
8 Years
Jul 23, 2015
SW Florida
I have a buff orpington that is about 2 weeks old. I also have 6 other different chicks that are fine. The buff was normal acting the day before and now all it does is sleep. It still eats and drinks but super slow. The poop is normal. She also looks like she is letting her wings hang down a little bit. Might she need more warmth? I live in FL and have them on my back porch. And like I said earlier the other 6 are zooming around and wveryong is eating and drinking normal and all have normal poops including lethargic buff.

I picked her up today and she kept one eye closed

Last edited:
She's about 2 weeks old. She sleeps either standing or on her knees but usually standing. She's never on her side. It gets about 77 degrees at night

Today is 2 days she has been lethargic. I've had her almost a week. Don't think she was vaccinated for mareks as I got them from a local feed store.

She is in a cage with the others on my back porch and it's shadded all day. It's about 90 during the day time. I am stumped too. Eyes are clear no labored breathing or raspiness. Not getting picked on. I will try and get a pic of her tomorrow since I am at work now.

Not sure what it is. It's what they were fed at the feed store. It's super fine but not powdery. I saw that it had some corn in it that wasn't ground up all the way. Is it possible that maybe a slightly largish piece is stuck and this is causing her lethargy? I saw her poop today though but might be a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom