Lethargic chick

bcjlemaire

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 16, 2017
Castle Rock, CO
Hello,
We recently purchased 10 chicks about 3 weeks ago. All seem to be doing quite well. Except for this one for the last couple days, shes (hopefully she's a she!.....don't know yet) has been quite lethargic, not moving around , just standing there, wings kinda hanging down. I gave her some droplets of water through a syringe and she drank some, but am concerned what is going on with her. She wont eat when I try hand feeding her. Any suggestions of what else I can do?
thanks!

Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

How is your chick?
Can you post some photos or a video of her?
What does her poop look like ? Any runny poop with mucous or blood?

Keep her hydrated and add some poultry vitamins to her water. Try offering wet chick starter with a little chopped egg to see if she will eat.

Let us know how she is doing.

Our little chick didn't make it.
1f625.png
I'm still not sure what happened. She just quit eating and drinking and was just sitting there . I tried hand feeding and gave her water thru a syringe. I suppose unfortunately these things happen. It's just heartbreaking. This is the first time we've ever done chickens. We have 9 others that are doing well. Thank you for your reply.

Our little chick didn't make it.
1f625.png
I'm still not sure what happened. She just quit eating and drinking and was just sitting there . I tried hand feeding and gave her water thru a syringe. I suppose unfortunately these things happen. It's just heartbreaking. This is the first time we've ever done chickens. We have 9 others that are doing well. Thank you for your reply.
I'm sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

It's hard to know what ails little ones. I'm glad the others are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom