Lethargic chick

KyRed

Hatching
May 26, 2020
My lil rooster arrived and had patsy butt. I followed instructions and fixed it. It seems lethargic and is now 3-4 weeks old. What should I do? Lost a hen that was the same way but no butt issues. The rest are doing great!

My lil rooster arrived and had patsy butt. I followed instructions and fixed it. It seems lethargic and is now 3-4 weeks old. What should I do? Lost a hen that was the same way but no butt issues. The rest are doing great!
Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos of the Cockerel, his poop and of his vent?
What are you feeding?
How are you brooding your chick? If indoors - what is your temperature (photos of brooder).

A chick 3-4wks old I would get him hydrated first, then offer a bit of wet chick starter.
Photos of the poop are helpful -- chicks this age can often suffer from Coccidiosis, so having some Corid (Amprolium) on hand is a good idea.

Welcome To BYC

What are you feeding?
How are you brooding your chick? If indoors - what is your temperature (photos of brooder).

A chick 3-4wks old I would get him hydrated first, then offer a bit of wet chick starter.
Photos of the poop are helpful -- chicks this age can often suffer from Coccidiosis, so having some Corid (Amprolium) on hand is a good idea.
Lost the two I was worried about. Didn’t think to take pics. I had to use a dab of oil and work it off. Was very dry. They’ve been eating and drinking without problem. Used the magic water the first couple day.
Taking the advice and ordered the covid for the water just in case

Welcome To BYC

What are you feeding?

I’ve ordered for the water what you recommended will be here for pickup tomorrow. We’ve gone from 21 to 13 rapidly

I would recommend making a new post stating some more information. Like is this your first flock? What feed you use? Where you are located.. etc. Your post didn't have very much information and no pictures of your setup or birds so it's very hard for us to help without more information.

Back
Top Bottom