Lethargic chicken after a wash and dry yesterday

Once all the chickens were dry they all got dusted with pestene back, underneath wings, vent and underbody. Bedding cleaned out new bedding applied and douse in pestene everywhere as well as a dose of surface spray in the morning. Aired out for 7 hrs before new bedding etc and girls let back in. Her crop is how I found her this afternoon and I don't think she has left the coop all day.
In regards to checking her vent how do I do this and how should she feel just before the vent underneath?
Put on a vinyl glove and if you have nails (long) maybe 2 gloves. Find her vent and gently push you index finger in not too far and feel for an egg. Be careful not to break the egg. You might want to put a little coconut oil or the like for easier insertion.

Also, can you post where you are at just the state,country or province is enough Helps us gauge your climate etc to help you. You can do this in your profile as you can see under my W I am in Maine.

Correction. In the West we say ranches more than farms.
Well terribly sorry but we are obviously not in the same country, horses for courses 😀 happy to be educated but not ridiculed or felt to be unable to ask for help from fear of ridicule and from more experienced chicken owners.i hope to better my girls lives as they are deemed as pets and as they say hopefully you learn from your mistakes and I really try not to make them. The internet is a wonderful source of information but can also lead to some really bad information hence joining this site. So feel free to help or as another saying goes - if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all 😊 so thank you for your input.

Put on a vinyl glove and if you have nails (long) maybe 2 gloves. Find her vent and gently push you index finger in not too far and feel for an egg. Be careful not to break the egg. You might want to put a little coconut oil or the like for easier insertion.

Also, can you post where you are at just the state,country or province is enough Helps us gauge your climate etc to help you. You can do this in your profile as you can see under my W I am in Maine.
Thank you we are located in Australia down south in Victoria 😊

Well terribly sorry but we are obviously not in the same country, horses for courses 😀 happy to be educated but not ridiculed or felt to be unable to ask for help from fear of ridicule and from more experienced chicken owners.i hope to better my girls lives as they are deemed as pets and as they say hopefully you learn from your mistakes and I really try not to make them. The internet is a wonderful source of information but can also lead to some really bad information hence joining this site. So feel free to help or as another saying goes - if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all 😊 so thank you for your input.
Actually, I was correcting myself. Lol
That’s why I responded to my own posting.

Back
Top Bottom