Lethargic Chicken

BeccaLynnGrace

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would be able to identify the symptoms my Hen is having. She's only about a year and a half old. She and her sister are the very first chickens I have ever owned so I am very new to this and do not know anything about chicken illnesses.
It started about 2 days ago. I went out to feed and water my chickens like usual but she was just sitting there eyes still open and just kind of squatting. I thought she was laying (she has laid in the Run before) so I decided to put back the ceramic eggs in their nesting boxes to reming them where to lay. The next day She was hunched over in the corner of her run and refusing to move. I brought her inside to lay on a towel where I could keep a better eye on her. I gave her a warm bath and massaged her tummy in case it she was egg bound but I couldn't feel and egg any where. Yesterday every time I checked on her she was in the same position and wouldn't open her eyes, still breathing. She has has access to food and water and hasn't touched it unless i bring the food to her beak and give her water with a syringe. Today she seems to be doing better. She's more alert, eats when I bring her food and has had her eyes open much more. She still wont move and cant stand on her legs. I have given her electrolytes and water with Wazine 17 just in case its worms. I dont know what else to do and there are no vets in the area that see chickens. This is how she is sitting currently.
IMG_2191.JPG

Please Help!!!

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow I wish it were under better circumstances. Do you have Corid? If so, I'd start it as well--but more importantly, post your info in our emergency medical section https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/ I'm not the right person to advise you in this situation and there are really smart people who troll that forum. I wish I could have been more help.:hugs

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom