Lethargic chicks in bator?

Lach Cnoc Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Western Washington
I have a few chicks in the incubator, just hatched yesterday & i was letting them dry off before i moved them to the brooder.

They have been fine up until tonight, they are just sleeping a lot, all but 1...hes all over the place. they others just seem really sleepy and lethargic, eyes closed most the time.

never had this problem before but these eggs were shipping, hatched upside down, have had problems with spikes...horrid hatch all the way around...

let me know what to do, if anything..?

this is about how the 3 are laying out in the incubator(all stretched out), i gave them a little water to see if it would help but no luck.
28220_100_2673.jpg

I am no expert, but I read on one of the post on here to try and give it sugar water. If you search on here there are quite of few post about stuff like this.

I know some of mine were like that for at least 12 - 24 hrs and they were fine. The ones that went over that didn't seem to make it.

Good luck, and I hope someone with more knowledge will help you.

Tracy

I've had chicks act that way in the bator. I thought they were just too hot and the humidity too high in there. As soon as they went to their brooder they were fine.

Back
Top Bottom