lil bird lady1

Chirping
Feb 1, 2017
Silkie chicks, 10 weeks old, runny diarrhea, acting extremely lethargic, losing balance and falling over, dry eye and reluctant to open eyes, wings drooping when they walk, staring at the ground and reluctant to look up. One chick has already died from this, when they dies they were vomiting extremely bad as well. I'm giving them nutri-drench in an attempt to hell but I'm completely as a loss and do not know what is wrong. It's not mites, or lice either.

If you lose another, you should keep the body cold, and contact your state vet for a necropsy, to look for a cause of death. It could be dehydration, Mareks disease, coccidiosis, or any number of things. I would make sure that all of your pullets are dinking fluids, getting 1 ml daily of Poultry NutriDrench or other vitamins, and I would go ahead and get some Corid from a local feed store and treat for possible coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 ml of the liquid Corid per gallon of water given for 5-7 days. Stop the vitamins while on Corid. Her eis a link to reach your state vet:
http://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom