Pics

Bills vs Beaks

Duck Duck Goose
6 Years
Aug 31, 2016
NJ USA
My Coop
My Coop
Ive got two ducks acting very lethargic, not running around like usual, one is limping. Theyre pretty much sleeping all day today.
My one saxony I noticed last night was being a little weird, not wanting to leave a certain corner when i was trying to put her to bed. she is also drinking funny, when she drinks she lifts her head all the way pointing straight up which Ive never seen her do before (and shes doing it multiple times in a row)
the other duck, kahki, is hanging her head down and not really going anywhere. shes the one with the limp, Im not sure if thats related.
Nothing out of the ordinary, the drakes are separated from the ducks at all times, the geese are separate at night and they dont bother the ducks during the day. theyve been on this pasture about a month, which isnt long compared to how long they usually stay. been getting fed, and water, just like normal, every day.
its 93 degrees, which is warm but theyve had it worse and been fine......

Ive felt both and Im pretty sure theyre not egg bound. I dont feel anything out of the ordinary, not even swollen. Could it be worms?
please help :(
Sam

Is a vet an option? What dos their poop look like? It would be helpful to see pictures and video of the ducks and pictures of their poop.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom