Lethargic hen -laying down

Kim McD

Hatching
Jun 9, 2016
Let me preface this...2 months ago we had a hen end up with pneumonia. I was treating her with Tylan, but it wasnt strong enough.

I am here in Alabama and the heat has already started. We have 5 Partridge Cochin hens and one Partridge Cochin roo. They are all going through a moult, and I have one who has decided to be broody. This hen has no discharge coming out of her nose, poop is normal, will eat, but laying down constantly. Nobody else appears sick, just bald in spots because of the moult. I have a fan blowing on them to keep them cool. She does have her mouth open some, but not breathing hard.

Any ideas?

Let me preface this...2 months ago we had a hen end up with pneumonia. I was treating her with Tylan, but it wasnt strong enough.

I am here in Alabama and the heat has already started. We have 5 Partridge Cochin hens and one Partridge Cochin roo. They are all going through a moult, and I have one who has decided to be broody. This hen has no discharge coming out of her nose, poop is normal, will eat, but laying down constantly. Nobody else appears sick, just bald in spots because of the moult. I have a fan blowing on them to keep them cool. She does have her mouth open some, but not breathing hard.

Any ideas?

Welcome to BYC.

Can you post pictures?
Can you clarify a little more. Which hen is laying down constantly, the broody or the one that had the respiratory illness?
What type of food/treats are you feeding?
How old are they?

Back
Top Bottom