Lethargic Hen - UPDATE: potential bumblefoot? Please help!

Have you ever wormed her? Being in a wet climate is something that should be done every year. Using Valbazen can treat multiple worm problems.
I have wormed her, but not within the last year. I'll plan on removing the bumblefoot and worming her.

I'd address the foot, deworm her with Safeguard or Valbazen.
If you saw one bug on her, then dust her with Permethrin. Check your other birds, they probably need dusting too. Spray their housing with Permethrin spray.

Combs can change colors a bit, she's not feeling that bright, so she may be a bit pale. With it folded over the underside is usually going to be paler. She's got a few peck wounds to the comb, but I don't see anything too concerning about the comb overall.

If she's not laying and should be, then give her the Calcium for 3 days in a row, just to build her up a bit.

So, we are still working on removing the bumblefoot. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have much of a plug or any of the expected material inside. It is bleeding quite a bit though. Currently we are soaking her foot, and after that I'm going to try and just soak, irrigate, and clean it the best I can, pack it with neosporin and gauze, some vetericyn, and wrap it in a bandage. Unless anyone else can give me better advice at the moment.

So, we are still working on removing the bumblefoot. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have much of a plug or any of the expected material inside. It is bleeding quite a bit though. Currently we are soaking her foot, and after that I'm going to try and just soak, irrigate, and clean it the best I can, pack it with neosporin and gauze, some vetericyn, and wrap it in a bandage. Unless anyone else can give me better advice at the moment.
Sounds like you are on the right track with treatment.

Back
Top Bottom