Lethargic Hen - UPDATE: potential bumblefoot? Please help!

Sounds like you are on the right track with treatment.
Thank you! Do you think there's a possibility it's not bumblefoot, seeing that there's nothing which is white or curdled looking inside? It's difficult to determine how much we should dig out, because it appears to mostly just be normal tissue. (I'm @Lemon-Drop's sister, by the way. :) ) We truly appreciate everyone's help!

Thank you! Do you think there's a possibility it's not bumblefoot, seeing that there's nothing which is white or curdled looking inside? It's difficult to determine how much we should dig out, because it appears to mostly just be normal tissue. (I'm @Lemon-Drop's sister, by the way. :) ) We truly appreciate everyone's help!
I'd use the Valbazen too if it was stored inside in relatively stable temps/conditions.

How is your hen? Any updated photos on the foot?

I'd use the Valbazen too if it was stored inside in relatively stable temps/conditions.

How is your hen? Any updated photos on the foot?
She’s doing ok and seems to have perked up. Since it’s getting colder outside, she’s staying in a crate in my house. We just changed her wrap, some of the scab came off while doing so. To me, it looks like a healthy scab now. But I’m not an expert or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8331.jpeg
    IMG_8331.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8332.jpeg
    IMG_8332.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 14
She’s doing ok and seems to have perked up. Since it’s getting colder outside, she’s staying in a crate in my house. We just changed her wrap, some of the scab came off while doing so. To me, it looks like a healthy scab now. But I’m not an expert or anything.
Glad she's perked up a little.

The foot looks o.k. for now. Just tend to the foot daily and change the wrapping. See how it looks in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom