lethargic hen

Okay,thanks.
smile.png

Alright I have the liquid Corid. I have 8 chickens total. If I use a 1 gallon waterer, what if they drink most of it and need it refilled during the day? (It's a bit hot here) Do I only make a fresh gallon when it's empty, or just everyday in general. I assume that it would be when ever their water is gone, so as not to waste any of the medicine.

Alright I have the liquid Corid. I have 8 chickens total. If I use a 1 gallon waterer, what if they drink most of it and need it refilled during the day? (It's a bit hot here) Do I only make a fresh gallon when it's empty, or just everyday in general. I assume that it would be when ever their water is gone, so as not to waste any of the medicine.

Make a fresh gallon if your chickens run out of water during the day. But even if they don't run out, replace the water at least once daily. For small flocks, this can be somewhat wasteful if they don't finish the water, but you don't want the Corid to lose its effectiveness.

Ok.

I know Kathy listed the dosing instructions, but I'm not sure if I need 1 or 2 tsp per gallon

Thanks so much!

Tonight the hen had yellow poop. It still looked watery, but you could tell that she had eaten some. Tonight she ate about half a slice of bread. The last hen I lost last month also had this same yellow poop right before she passed, but her overall condition was much worse by then. I had a whole thread on her as well.

I started the Corid today. I also got a pack of vitamins. It lists different dosages for different ages, so I assumed it was a multivitamin. My store doesn't have much to choose from. Do I start those immediately after the Corid for 1 week, and the worm after that?

I want to thank all of you for your patience. This is my first time medicating/treating my flock.

Back
Top Bottom