Lethargic Hen

KW14

Hatching
5 Years
May 15, 2014
I came home today to find my hen lying down on her side on floor of the coop. I can tell that she is breathing but doesn't wake up, or try to open her eyes when I picked her up and looked her over. She did mover her head and flutter her eyes when I checked her feet. I don't see anything wrong with her feathers, wings, legs. I brought her inside as it suppose to get colds tonight. Is she ok? Any suggestions on determining weather she is or not??

Have you recently treated them for any lice/mites problems?

If so...did you use Sevin dust or Permethrin?

When did you last de-worm your flock ?

If so..what product did you use ?

Whatever the problem...it may be advisable to give her a boost with some extra Vitamins...maybe "Rooster Booster" and some tuna fish,scrambled eggs...anything that may entice her to eat and get some nutrients into her...

Hope she improves very soon

Thanks, I've got some eggs cooking for her now. We have never deformed or treated them for lice/mites in the year and a half I've had them. Poop is normal and feathers look great.

Have you recently treated them for any lice/mites problems?

If so...did you use Sevin dust or Permethrin?

When did you last de-worm your flock ?

If so..what product did you use ?

Whatever the problem...it may be advisable to give her a boost with some extra Vitamins...maybe "Rooster Booster" and some tuna fish,scrambled eggs...anything that may entice her to eat and get some nutrients into her...

Hope she improves very soon
What does sevin dust do? I was told to use it for mites! Should i not?

Back
Top Bottom