Apr 9, 2019
Maryland
My girl, Ethel, was healed from Sour Crop a few weeks ago (not sure if that has anything to do with it)
2 days ago, she stayed on the perch in the morning. I left her in there, not thinking anything of it. But this morning she did it again. My mom put her outside and she is acting lethargic.
She's standing by herself, not doing anything, and then she had a white liquid poop. What could be going on?

I'm not sure if I read your other thread or if you even have one about the sour crop issue... But I'm going to go ahead and guess that your bird is very ill.
Is a vet an option?

How old is she, what exactly do you feed her, have you ever dewormed her and have you brought any new to you birds home in the last few months?

I'm not sure if I read your other thread or if you even have one about the sour crop issue... But I'm going to go ahead and guess that your bird is very ill.
Is a vet an option?

How old is she, what exactly do you feed her, have you ever dewormed her and have you brought any new to you birds home in the last few months?
Vet is definitely not an option and here's the link to my Sour Crop thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/some-sort-of-crop-condition.1330078/

She is about 1.5 years old, I don't even know what "deworming" is (excuse my ignorance) and no, I haven't brought any new birds. Just the same ole' flock. I feed her this.

Having an over load of worms can cause crop issues.

Can you at the very least collect some fresh poop from a few birds and bring it to your local dog vet so he can test it for worms?

Deworming is giving them a medicine to rid worms.

Having an over load of worms can cause crop issues.

Can you at the very least collect some fresh poop from a few birds and bring it to your local dog vet so he can test it for worms?

Deworming is giving them a medicine to rid worms.
Going to the vet is reallyyyy not an option. What would happen if it did happen to be worms?

Going to the vet is reallyyyy not an option. What would happen if it did happen to be worms?
You don't necessarily have to bring your bird to the vet You can just bring some poop to be tested.

My vet charges like $15 for the test. It won't hurt to call and ask.

If your bird has an overload of worms and you do not treat her she could die.

It's almost impossible to guess what is wrong with her but If it were worms, deworming her is the easiest fix.

You don't necessarily have to bring your bird to the vet You can just bring some poop to be tested.

It's almost impossible to guess what is wrong with her but If it were worms, deworming her is the easiest fix.
Okay, thanks.

Okay. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom