Lethargic, quiet, unmoving- please help!

Hi All,
Thanks for all the good wishes. Star is doing a little better. She has been under intense supervision until today when we let her "hang out" with the girls. She is still a bit slow, but is showing more interest. Her tail is up and has been eating! Shes' still not taking much water. We though perhaps some time around the other hens might motivate her to eat and drink. We finally heard back from the vet and will probably be taking a fecal sample tomorrow. Will keep you updated on anything we learn!

When you do learn something please let me know!!! I had 2 hens doing this same thing---it's not worms. They get lethargic, don't want to eat and have yellowish colored chalky looking poop. The first hen "Baby" died on April fools and now I've got another one I'm giving medicine to and she's actually acting slightly better today. I went back and looked at a lot of old posts and plenty of other people have had this but no one ever identifies it, they usually just say it's worms. I have wormed all of my flock and I think that's not it, but I could be wrong. Anyway hope you find out and hope your chicken is ok.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom