Lethargic runner duck not pooping

kris0

Hatching
Mar 12, 2015
Hi there BYC, I have a poorly runner duck and hope someone can offer some advice. She's about 2 years old, and 2 days ago I noticed she was being really quiet and sitting under a bush away from the rest of her flock. I took her inside for the night with food (layers pellets) and water. Since then, she does not seem to be pooping at all. I have given her a swim in a warm bath, and she is oozing white/yellow from her vent, in small quantities. She was drinking water in the tub but I do not think she is eating. I have felt for an egg in case she's egg bound but can not feel anything amiss. I was thinking of maybe trying to give her some kind of food that would speed things along in case she has eaten something she shouldn't have, such as bread soaked in olive oil or an epsom salt flush...do you have any suggestions? There isn't an avian vet anywhere near me, so I'm stuck trying to treat her myself unless I want to try the 'cats and dogs' vet.

Thanks!

Sadly the duck has died. I've heard that ducks go from appearing healthy to deathly ill really fast, and I now believe it!

Sorry to hear about your duck.
hugs.gif

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Sounds like she may have had an egg break inside her, just judging by the white/yellow oozing out of her cloaca.

Back
Top Bottom