Let's Ask Kathy 😄

Pineapple on pizza?

• Total voters
I fell through the floor of a hay mow into a pen with a 600 lb. boar in it. I stood very still while my father distracted the boar and then jumped out of his pen.
I was a kid. We had a crazy cow that would attack people when she was in the pasture. We (kids) were told to stay out of the pasture when she was out. My great uncle told me to carry a big stick and whack her on the nose if she came after me.

I had my big stick and heard her coming on a dead run. I stood my ground. When she was almost on me, I stepped to the side and hit her directly on her nose as hard as I could. She went to her knees. When she got up, she took off. That cow never bothered me again.

I went on about my adventure without any further interruptions.

It was wonderful to be able to grow up on a farm.

Wow! If these are really true stories then you sure had an interesting life growing up on a farm. I am starting to get nervous of what my future has to bring on a farm- quick I gotta move! :gig :lau :eek: :bow:oops:

I was a kid. We had a crazy cow that would attack people when she was in the pasture. We (kids) were told to stay out of the pasture when she was out. My great uncle told me to carry a big stick and whack her on the nose if she came after me.

I had my big stick and heard her coming on a dead run. I stood my ground. When she was almost on me, I stepped to the side and hit her directly on her nose as hard as I could. She went to her knees. When she got up, she took off. That cow never bothered me again.

I went on about my adventure without any further interruptions.

It was wonderful to be able to grow up on a farm.
The big stick method works!!! Just have to have the constitution to stay put long enough to sidestep at the right time.

I’ve seen sidesteps a half second early end hilariously.

Wow! If these are really true stories then you sure had an interesting life growing up on a farm. I am starting to get nervous of what my future has to bring on a farm- quick I gotta move! :gig :lau :eek: :bow:oops:
I have even more stories. They were wonderful times. My stories are true.

BTW, the boar was delicious.

I was hanging fixtures in a barn when the owners wife let him (the bull) in with me. I don’t have much fear of animals. I came down the ladder, picked up my stuff. It wasn’t until I folded the ladder and had it on my shoulder that he decided to roll me across the barn. Luckily, his nose was ringed. Once I had it in hand, he was a pussycat.
Broke 3 ribs and my nose. Still didn’t get any burger off his ornery carcass.

I have even more stories. They were wonderful times. My stories are true.

My Grandfather grew up on a farm and when I was little I would ask him to tell me stories over and over and over. I would hang on his every word. I knew from a young age that I didn't belong in the city, I was always meant for the farm life...minus the butchering, someone else needs to do that. Lol

When we first got sheep, we were told 'never turn your back on a ram'. I never have, but there are a couple dents in the back door of the barn to prove that our previous ram (Jefferson) got a little rambunctious at times. We eventually sold him, (the buyers knew what they were getting) but before that, we got the ram-slamma-ramma.

Aka a lightweight, hollow, plastic, t-ball bat XD. If Jefferson came running, and wasn't planning on stopping, wait the the last minute, step outta the way, and give him a good smack. A couple times of that and he realized the orange stick the humans carried was to be feared. XD

Animals love me, people not so much.

It appears that animals don't feel so kindly towards you. Too bad.

Head cheese is delicious.
Yes it seems everyone dislikes you here. :caf :rolleyes:

It would appear those animals did not like me so much. No hugs for them!!! :tongue

I think you and @duluthralphie should conversate over headcheese and a coffee. (or tea)
Yes, I made that word up.

Back
Top Bottom