Let's Build A Chicken!

Bubba

Songster
12 Years
Jun 18, 2007
Haha I know it sounds funny. I know we have more than enough people on here to get several groups of people together to breeds some new types. We would of course get to name them! Would the breeders name them? Put it up for a forum vote?

Terrielacy's Slayer of Threads Silkie (Yes whenever I see your name thats what I think) OH NOES Purplechicken NO!!! You have AWOKEN Terrielacy Destroyer of Threads

Bubba's Black Jersey Sizzle

Bubba's Purple Polish

American Polish hahaha

Ok so I suck at names.

What features do you find most attractive of the breeds you like? I would love to get a barred rock that has green (black) and red barring instead of black and white. Not sure if it's possible but I think you should get the gist of it now.

I think a silkie or frizzles the size or anywhere close to a jersey giant would be amazing. Imagine a 10lb ball of fluff. They would make basketballs look small.

How about a large polish that has White Laced Red Cornish markins on it. That would be a remarkable bird!

Has anyone seen a Ayam Cemani?

So list colors, traits, combs, feathers, shiny/light refracting, leg color etc that you like.

Tell me what yall think about this idea? Should this be something the site is active in? Niftychicken?

Bubba

Most of all, I want a nice chicken, with a pleasant personality. I want it to be reasonably good at laying eggs. I want it to be able to adapt to confinement or free ranging, as needed. I want a smaller comb and wattles, to better withstand the cold.

As for the purely decorative aspects of a chicken, well, I find that they all have their particular charms.
love.gif

what did i miss sominthing ??

diffrent chickens breeds have diffrent persanlitys that others?? thats b.s chechens are just chickens dont get me wrong I do not approve of selective breeding and genitics, chickens should be just left to do and breed with any other breed they want to, im not tryin to step on toes here but still, I under stand the comb thing and winter, but some free rang better than others ? ?? please give me ansers cause this sounds weried...
idunno.gif

One that does NOT fly at all in any way whatsoever, yet lays plenty of medium-large green/blue/brown/white eggs even through the winter. So, a silkie crossed with Araucanas, Marans, but with the production of an Orpington and a sweet temperament. Also a pea comb would be good, I had to Vaseline the boys' wattles last night and it was not pleasant for any of us. I like the partridge colors, because to me they look like "real" chickens, but color is less important than the other traits.

IMO, it's not that important what breed a chicken is. I've always favored mutts when it comes to animal breeding.
big_smile.png
Then again, I'm a bit of a mutt myself
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom