Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

I keep going through my head how I could prevent this....
hide.gif

I spent some time this morning taking some pics, and hanging out with my Goslings ~ Always relaxing and good hearted to watch my babies
love.gif

I cannot believe how rump heavy my 2 outdoors Buffs ! Its when big butts are the shabang!

They are beautiful!! is there anyway you can attach some other kind of fencing along the bottom to keep it from happening again. Although it was probably a freak thing, I'd be worried about it.

Miss L the peacock externally pipped & I opened the hole a little more !
hide.gif

I just couldn't wait to see my 1st peacock beak
love.gif

All my geese are ready to hatch any day now. I have rockin membranes

They are beautiful!! is there anyway you can attach some other kind of fencing along the bottom to keep it from happening again. Although it was probably a freak thing, I'd be worried about it.
I have hatched hundreds of geese & ducks & turkeys etc ~ and have never ever had this happen in the same type of enclosure.... I mean I kinda look at the odds
hu.gif

Well gotta go water and all !
I still have luvy gosies to spoil ~ Cup is half full today

I think I can I think I can .......

Last edited:
RG - fantastic pictures of your Buffs. Gorgeous and no wonder you're so pleased
love.gif

Good luck with the Peachicks and at least you can see the beak of one of them
fl.gif

Over here we seem to have got over the last bad hatch and have 3 Dewlaps getting near, 2 externally pipped and 1 in rotation. Its finger crossed as these are from our best pair of Dewlaps to produce Buffs (Split Grey Male to Buff female). The overall goal to breed a Buff male from this pairing but will wait till later in season to sex any.

Pete
wink.png

Does anyone have mean geese? Am I the only one with that has 13 geese that are part of Satan's army and his loyal worshipers? :idunno

Everyone's geese sound so nice and polite and loving. And then I go outside and look at mine and I see fire in their eyes. They are ready to rip a person's eye balls out and use them as marbles. I don't get it. Why me? :confused:

RG - fantastic pictures of your Buffs. Gorgeous and no wonder you're so pleased
love.gif

Good luck with the Peachicks and at least you can see the beak of one of them
fl.gif

Over here we seem to have got over the last bad hatch and have 3 Dewlaps getting near, 2 externally pipped and 1 in rotation. Its finger crossed as these are from our best pair of Dewlaps to produce Buffs (Split Grey Male to Buff female). The overall goal to breed a Buff male from this pairing but will wait till later in season to sex any.

Pete
wink.png
Thanks Pete ~ I really luv their soggy bottoms

GOOD LUCK !!!!
fl.gif
Can't wait to hear of your hatching ~ Go goslings keep a rockin ! And pics when they do
love.gif

Does anyone have mean geese? Am I the only one with that has 13 geese that are part of Satan's army and his loyal worshipers?
idunno.gif

Everyone's geese sound so nice and polite and loving. And then I go outside and look at mine and I see fire in their eyes. They are ready to rip a person's eye balls out and use them as marbles. I don't get it. Why me?
hu.gif

I have never had a mean goose ..... (knock on wood)

WooHoo - 1st gosling of this next batch of 3 just hatched unassisted and its our 2nd Buff
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Just free of the shell and now trying out so will try to get pictures tomorrow. Its certainly got a good sized head and a strong gosling
wee.gif

Kuntrygirl - don't have many mean geese only the ganders at breeding time but during the rest of the year they're all well behaved. So sorry you've got a group who are intent on showing thwir mean side
somad.gif

I grew up with some pretty mean African geese but my American Buffs are very laid back - unless they're nesting or have small goslings.
Have taken some pictures of "Stevie" (or "Stevia" if its a girl ) and the eye sockets havent changed at all. Hes awfully cute and seems to be doing ok in the brooder. Wish I knew if I had a male or female. If a gander he'll have to spend his entire life in a safe pen. If female I think that a gander might guide and guard her well enough for them to spend some time in the halfenced acre chain link

Back
Top Bottom