Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

THEN !!!!! (sorry for my enthusiam
wee.gif
)

My 1st Peacock hatched out !!!!! This is one chick I know I am soooooo
love.gif

So My Roosevelt baby spooning with my Peacock

(Okay its official ~ I love hatching !!! Now to get my baby buff dewlaps, and Roosevelt #1 & give them their 1st time outside in a puddle!)
Now your pea chick and your gosling will bond and next thing you know your pea will be getting in puddles and such with it. Congrats they are adorable.

Have you ever had peacocks? Can they be in the same brooder?
Nope never had any but either your pea will be acting like a goose or vise versa
wink.png
just kidding, I don't see why they can't be in a brooder together since folks brood chicks /ducks/geese together, Well scratch my advise Do Not put your gosling and pea chick in the same brooder. I would give them both a stuffed animal to keep them company though.

Last edited:
Now your pea chick and your gosling will bond and next thing you know your pea will be getting in puddles and such with it. Congrats they are adorable. 

Have you ever had peacocks?  Can they be in the same brooder?

I would advise strongly against it (because of my personal experience). Last week, I had a few poults and gosling together in a large wooden brooder. For the first week or so, everything was great. No problem at all. Then I came home from work and I noticed that one of the poults wing looked "reddish". I kept looking at it and I didn't see any (what I thought was) blood or any injuries. So, I was puzzled as to why it was "red". So, I went about my usual chicken chores and came back 2 hours later and ALL of the poults wings were "reddish" and one of them had a bald spot on it's side. The red color WAS BLOOD !!!!!!!!! SOMETHING (one of Satan's army new-born - gosling) had somehow tried to chew up their feathers and wings and back and had injured ALL of the poults. I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO MAD! I grabbed Satan's army new borns and put them in another brooder. One of the poults was knocking at death's door. It was down and didn't look like it was going to make it. I cleaned all of them up and sprayed Blue Kote on all of them and worked on the one that was near death. I kept them warm and checked on them periodically. The next morning, I woke up and checked on them again. Miraculously, the one that was almost dead was up and walking around. It survived. All of them are back to normal but it was touch and go for a minute. So, I say that to say that I personally will NEVER brood gosling with any other bird of a different species. And in addition to that, after a week or 2, the gosling tend to be VERY messy with the water and will wet up the other birds.

I think if I would have not caught the problem in time, ALL of my poults would have been kiled. The goslings would have killed them.

Perhaps others have been lucky brooding goslings with other birds but it didn't work for me. :/

Wow! 34 posts in one afternoon! Can't comment on them all, but congrats to those that are hatching beautiful babies..... especially buff dewlaps!

Lori, sorry your pics didn't post. I hope you can figure out how to get them posted soon, as I would very much like to see your gosling. Hope you can find a gosling companion, male or female, as I believe both could be a nice seeing eye companion.

Kuntry, sorry you are having problems with your goslings. Are you brooding them outside on grass? What size is their pen? Tight spaces and bored babies is a recipe for creating Satan's army. Personally, I would never want to brood a duckling without a gosling.

does it count if my goose hatched them for me? lol surprised to find 2 happy healthy little goslings... Pomeranian X chinese

anyone have this mix?? wanted to see how they could possibly turn out

The brooder that they were all in is 6 feet wide and 6 feet long. The poults were about 2 weeks old and Satan's army is the same age. Do you think that brooder is big enough for 6 babies? They are inside in the garage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom