Let's have a gosling hatchalong!

Quote:
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks! How do they get angel wing?
they can also get it from tendon damage and sometimes genetics..i have a pomeranian that had her tendons ripped in one wing where her previous owners damaged it in shipping . we tried binding it several times with no luck for the best results try and separate and use vet gauze so the others wont pluck at it also to play it safe look at the diet to much protein will do it.

I am sorry to report that Turbo (also known affectionately as iHop) has gone on to the Big Pond. His deformities and disabilities were worse than thought and his quality of life was going downhill fast.

I hated seeing him living in pain and yesterday I made the difficult decision to end his suffering.

I miss him terribly and imagine I will for a long time to come. He was a HUGE part of my daily life and I am so thankful for the time I had to spend with him. He taught me a lot with his 'can do' attitude. I will especially miss his little trill as he snuggled into my hands - which he could still fit into

:*(

I am thankful that I can share my sorrow on here with you, others who truly understand what our animals bring to our lives.

RIP Turbo

I am sorry to report that Turbo (also known affectionately as iHop) has gone on to the Big Pond. His deformities and disabilities were worse than thought and his quality of life was going downhill fast.

I hated seeing him living in pain and yesterday I made the difficult decision to end his suffering.

I miss him terribly and imagine I will for a long time to come. He was a HUGE part of my daily life and I am so thankful for the time I had to spend with him. He taught me a lot with his 'can do' attitude. I will especially miss his little trill as he snuggled into my hands - which he could still fit into

:*(

I am thankful that I can share my sorrow on here with you, others who truly understand what our animals bring to our lives.

RIP Turbo

hit.gif
hugs.gif

I grew up with some pretty mean African geese but my American Buffs are very laid back - unless they're nesting or have small goslings.
Have taken some pictures of "Stevie" (or "Stevia" if its a girl ) and the eye sockets havent changed at all. Hes awfully cute and seems to be doing ok in the brooder. Wish I knew if I had a male or female. If a gander he'll have to spend his entire life in a safe pen. If female I think that a gander might guide and guard her well enough for them to spend some time in the halfenced acre chain link

You can find out if you are willing to learn how to check on the gosling. there are several videos on youtube about vent sexing baby goslings and ducklings same way for both. Metzer farms look up and you should find the video. Just thought i would help you find out if its a male or female earlier.

Things are getting back on track with our Giant Dewlaps. Of the last batch of 3 eggs we've just had them all hatch successfully.

Cant believe it - 1 Grey and 2 Buffs
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I'll post pics in a few days

Pete
wink.png

Congrats, Pete!!! That's wonderful!! I have 2 eggs from my buff/grey trio and 2 eggs from my grey dewlap yard that should start internally pipping tonight/tomorrow.
fl.gif
they all hatch and at least 1 of my trio's eggs is a buff girl. I also set 5 more from my trio today, plus 2 from my buff yearling, as I have been seeing successful mating with her and my 2yo buff gander recently. But I won't get my hopes up too much for the buff eggs, as none of my yearling girls have given me fertile eggs yet.

Back
Top Bottom