Lets hear it for the LADIES who build their own coops!

lil'chickies :

mrsbell

They are very hard to nail into. Wish I had a nail gun. They aren't easy to take apart either. I definitely get a work out!!

oh my gawd thank you, i was about to cry. i got so mad 2 days ago i gave up and ripped a whole side down...... lol. terrible. my husband laughed it WAS NOT FUNNY.​

frow.gif
I put together my playhouse coop, and I built my runs... and my homemade incubator. And oh, I came up with this most awesome wall mounted feeder which I haven't yet unveiled to BYC, but the local feed store owner was extremely impressed with it and told me to keep coming up with things like that.

I forgot to add that I'm going to build an extension onto my big coop this spring/summer too. A storage closet and long hallway so the hens can have a darker area to go lay eggs.

Last edited:
Thanks I ended up covering the tar paper with sheet metal. Looks shiny and I think it helps deter flying predators a bit.

Well, I didn't build the coop itself, BUT... I built the door, added the window, replaced some paneling and insulated an interior wall, put in a floor, built the roost, and only had words with the table saw once! lol Here are pics.

11768_march2009_006.jpg

11768_march2009_004.jpg

11768_march2009_005.jpg

11768_march2009_003.jpg

My next project is putting together an insulated 8'x8' dog house which will be converted into a coop!!

Sonja

mrsbell-

Do you have pics of the things you've made with pallets? I'd love some more inspiration. Hubby may not!!
big_smile.png

I've got the floor laid out. Just waiting on the stuff hubby has to go pick up for me. I'll post some pics in a little while!!

lil'chickies :

mrsbell-

Do you have pics of the things you've made with pallets? I'd love some more inspiration. Hubby may not!!
big_smile.png

I've got the floor laid out. Just waiting on the stuff hubby has to go pick up for me. I'll post some pics in a little while!!

yes! hang on!​

the start
CoopDeBell002.jpg

the finish
super011.jpg

super014.jpg

super032.jpg

AND MY OTHERS

heres a homemade feeder
super012.jpg

temp. little pens
super016.jpg

duck pen (pond is covered right now, my chicken fell in)
super015.jpg

young chick pen (will build a coop on top, so they can climb in it)
super019.jpg

and the start of a coop that will be 2

super020.jpg

super022.jpg

chicken wiring that i stretched like mad
super021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom