Lets hear it for the LADIES who build their own coops!

Shoot, I'm finding it's easier to do stuff WITHOUT my husband's help. If I do it myself, I can do it the way I think is best. We seem to accomplish projects together in twice as much time as it takes me to do it alone because we keep having to have conferences about whose way is the best way, and he seems to come up with a plan as he goes along, which causes many stops to think about it. I figure I will probably build most of our coop by myself, even though I really don't like power saws (they scare me; I keep having visions of fingers flying off).

Boy these some great coops. I would like to ask Silkienewbiegurl and GardeNerd how you make such accurate angled cuts!?! Are they mitered? I'm so impressed with the workmanship and colors. These should be in a fancy gardening magazine.

All the women on this post are getting the job done. Pioneer spirit I guess. I check back every time I turn my computer on to see the next ideas.

Debby

Thanks Jonesgirl and Debby! It was a fun project and putting my power tool skills to the test was exciting. It made me feel very capable! LOL

Debby, to answer your question, I made some of the miter cuts with a miter saw I borrowed for a weekend. Other than that, I cut the mitered pieces by hand using a backsaw and miter guide (talk about sweat ... and tears!). I didn't have a table saw (which would have cut down on the work a lot) so I made most of my cuts using a jigsaw and lots and lots of clamps to keep everything in place while I sawed. It was not the most efficient use of my time but a gals gotta do what she's gotta do!
wink.png

Thanks again for the kind words folks!
Joan

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=20375-cottage-coop

Your coops are BEAUTIFUL!!! I need lots of inspiration and ideas to build my duck house. Just got my miter saw (still in the box in the back of the car LOL) but I'm anxious for ideas and to get started. I'd rather build by myself because when we build "together", DBF does all the work and I'm always "in his way". I learned ALOT by watching but I'd rather do. He can build a quail cage in about an hour. Takes me two days but I get alot of pride and satisfaction from doing it myself.

Quote:
how many hens in your playhouse coop and what is the size???
looks great!

I tried to get 5 hens into the Playhouse coop but my girls were just tooo dang big. I has been changed into a Bobwhite house but is soon to be made into a bantam coop, lol

Back
Top Bottom