Let's plan a Quail egg hatch... set 'em Sept. 1, hatch 'em Sept 17-19+

Quote:
ya.gif
Congratulations!
jumpy.gif

only cracks so far lol, they're gonna drag it out as much as possible just because i'm dieing to see what hatches lol. There are only 25 left of the 60, I guess shipping was hard on them... I technically have a 26th, but it visually looks to be about a week and a half old lol, but it still swims so it can stay i guess.

Quote:
hey Wheatie buddy, sounds like a job for FatDaddy or Alex?... I do have some whites you can have, last batch is @ 200 grams at 28 days- not sure how big they will get.

The Big Browns just started laying, I am impressed with their stature- they are young, not sure on fertility but could send some of those on the ride. I just got another shipment of saltwater fish so have this cool propak cooler sitting around staring at me.

of course, Bill or Tonya may be closer to your neck of the woods...not sure how their birds are laying. ya could bat your eyes at Bill
wink.png

holler, would love to share as they were shared with me.

Wondering, for those of you who have auto turners...
Do you rotate the eggs in the turner? I mean just twist it 1/4 turn so the they go from turning east and west on the egg to north south?
If so, how often?

And do you move the eggs around in the incubator? Eggs in the trays around the perimeter, swap with eggs in the center.

just curious.

i never did, i just set em and forget them till about 3 days before hatch when they get pulled out and sent to the hatcher
wink.png

Quote:
hey Wheatie buddy, sounds like a job for FatDaddy or Alex?... I do have some whites you can have, last batch is @ 200 grams at 28 days- not sure how big they will get.

The Big Browns just started laying, I am impressed with their stature- they are young, not sure on fertility but could send some of those on the ride. I just got another shipment of saltwater fish so have this cool propak cooler sitting around staring at me.

of course, Bill or Tonya may be closer to your neck of the woods...not sure how their birds are laying. ya could bat your eyes at Bill
wink.png

holler, would love to share as they were shared with me.

PM'd ya!
big_smile.png

Quote:
guess I should pop this back out there, lots of good breeders in the Directory too!

Days are flying by...100' n the bator X thurs, fri, sat, sun, mon...

Back
Top Bottom