Let's Play A.B.C

Q How many cats do you have?
Q Is pharaoh like the base color of quail? Is there one "pharaoh" gene, or are there multiple genes which make up wildtype?
Q Celadon breeding, so if a bird expresses celadon, they are homozygous for it correct? If a quail is a celadon, do they lack what ever genes control the "standard" egg color? Or does the homozygous celadon just mask it?

Q What's your favorite cat's name?
Q What's your favorite color of a cat?
Q How many cuail do you have today?
My favourite was Silk. She's been gone for a long time. My current favourite is a tie between Pig and Scraps.
Ragdoll. I love the siamese markings, blue eyes combined with that fluffy fur.
I'm not sure. Around 100?

Q How many cats do you have?
Q Is pharaoh like the base color of quail? Is there one "pharaoh" gene, or are there multiple genes which make up wildtype?
Q Celadon breeding, so if a bird expresses celadon, they are homozygous for it correct? If a quail is a celadon, do they lack what ever genes control the "standard" egg color? Or does the homozygous celadon just mask it?
I have 5.
Pharoah is the basic, which is why it is also known as wild type. I'm sure there are multiple genes, but I couldn't tell you what they are.
If they lay celadon, yes. It's harder to tell with the males. The brown spots on the eggs are cause by blood deposited on the eggs. Blue is caused by bile. Since I've had birds that normally lay spotted eggs occasionally lay white eggs, I'm going to guess that it's not masked, but actually a different gene. Genetics aren't my strong point. I haven't been interested enough to really study.

Back
Top Bottom