Let's play guess this chick. :) PIC HEAVY

featherz

Veggie Chick
13 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
Just hatched out about 17 (so far) little chickies from a mixed batch of eggs. Some of them seem a little off from what I was thinking so I probably have them all mixed up. Any thoughts on my guesses? The eggs are supposed to be: Cuckoo Maran, Blue Splash Maran, BLRW, Light brahma, Cochin, blue orp.

Here goes:
BLRW?
P1000711.jpg

Cochin? (only one this color with fuzzy legs, and I have only one cochin egg)
P1000716.jpg

Cuckoo Maran?
P1000709.jpg

Blue Orp - pretty sure on this one:
P1000707.jpg

Light Brahma?
P1000697.jpg

Now here's the weird one.I know one of the 'blue splash maran' eggs hatched and another one that's in the bator is a greyish color. However, I have this one orangey chick. Is this one of them? I know SOMETHING hatched from that egg.
smile.png

P1000695.jpg

Quote:
I think 2 is cochin, 3 is definitely CM, 4 is Blue Orp.

The Blue Splash Marans would have feathered feet. I hatched out a Blue Marans and the blue is very pronounced.

Last edited:
Well what the heck is that orange chick? and where is my blue Splash maran? hahaa. I have a lot of chipmunk looking chicks that I thought were the BLRW. I'll go check now and see if any of them have feathered feet!
smile.png
Two more of the maran's just hatched and they are definitely lighter in color.

Ok, THIS one could be the blue splash maran, yes? It looks a lot like the brahma but it's grayer. Then a top view of orange chick - maybe a variation on the BLRW?

P1000714.jpg

P1000723.jpg

Last edited:
You have your cochin and light brahma mixed up. Light brahmas should be a yellowish color. And you last one does look like it could be BLRW.

Back
Top Bottom