lets play the name game!

We sometimes name our chickens after food. Rice, Cherry, Rye, String Bean... :p

However, I think you said it yourself in one of your descriptions - Smokey. That would be very cute! I think Nessie would suit the white one.

As for #1, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Bug" for a pet name (I love that name), as her eyes are so big! Maybe "Jet'?

Lovely chicks!

I have a 3 week old EE, my DD named her Chilly.

We also have a white Cochin roo named Mr. Marshmellow, a Barred Rock named Ally, a Partridge Silkie named Tinker Bell (can you tell my kids named then all lol ) I also have a Dominuqe roo we decided to name Rodrick. Oh and an Ancona pullet named Speckle, a Silver Lakenvelder named Moon, and a Blue Andalusian named Henrietta. We have more but not all of them have names. .

its so hard to pick hust one name but ill thinking about shiner for the EE and stain for the blue/grey silkie. Im still unsure for the white silkie...

ok,time for the next chick...
its a silver pheonix (most likely a pullet)

P.S i have three of these and they look the same same so maybe someone could give a name for all three?

Last edited:
My first 2 chickens were silver Phoenix's we named them Napoleon and Dynamite lol (my kids helped naming them) My youngest son just got a silver phoenix this year and he named him supper stripe (because he is a super hero chicken) This year we also have Donatello and Owl both Polish we think, Fluffernutter and Mr. Lame (Mr lame is the mean one) Silkies, Bob and Larry and Michaelangelo E.E, Yeller and Showter and storm ??? My kids named them all. we have had a big mama and zoe. zoe was a small bantam so we also called her baby mama :)
some day ill get to name some chicks..

That blue silkie reminds me of Chewy from Star Wars.. But then again I have a silkie named Muffin... and another HEN named Peetie...lol

Nellie, Bessie, Georgia, Martha, Pansy, Edith, Harriet, June, Zella, Ethel, Dorothy, Mildred, Shirley, Lucy, Ellie, Edna, Gertrude, Penny

Back
Top Bottom