lets play the name game!

Mine had named like Madea (black and white top hat)
Bumble bee (Mille fleur Female)
Wo wo Wubbz (Bourbon red turkey hen)
Elmer (My mutt Rooster)
Fran, Nanny, Granny, Penny, and Margie ( Old cochin hens)
Good luck!

Okay, so you guys seem pretty good at this, let me throw another challenge at you.

I bought 5 pullets (hopefully) yesterday. I already named my barred rock, who is bold, curious, and is trying to fly "Amelia" for Amelia Earhardt. The buff orpington will be Penny, for Henny Penny (or if you ask my husband, Mrs. Penelope Wentworth. Long story...Funny for us, but wouldn't really translate)

I have left a speckled sussex (marked like a chipmunk, curious, friendly, and SPEEDY), a silver-laced wyandotte, and an easter egger (VERY laid-back and mellow. Alert, but unworried.)

Any ideas?

--Nikki

p.s. my 8-year old can't say "chipmunk" so he calls the sussex "chickmunk." A very appropriate mispronunciation!

I love the Amelia idea. That's really cute. :lol:

I've always fancied the idea of the name "Deina" for a chicken.
Other ideas:
- Bluestar
- Puffy
- Brooke
- Tiller

I love that name Deina for a chicken! That sounds cute, I also like Agnes, that's too stinkin' cute! I named my ameraucana chick Hamburger because she/he is so fat...
yippiechickie.gif

Oooh! I love the old-fashioned names! They just seem to suit hens. I'm thinking my Americauna might be Betsy (for Betsy Ross) or Dolly (for Dolly Madison) If I don't go the patriotic route I'm stuck with the Easter route (as, let's face it, she's really an Easter Egger), and all we can come up with is Bunny, which is kind of dumb. Silver laced wyandottes always look like fine ladies dressed up for a ball, so something a little fancy, without being too fussy.

The speckled sussex is just so quick...maybe an Olympic track star.... I dunno

The search continues. In the meantime, they're just so darn cute!

--Nikki

p.s. Amelia, by way of living up to her name, greeted me this morning from the top of the waterer.

Okay y'all good at this so we need some names

First off we have a splash pullet who needs a name, shes real sweet

Next we have a Turkey (dont know sex) whos really sweet

3rd we have a Fayoumi (barred type coloring) dont know sex, and we need like 5 names, we have like 5

Thanks y'all for the help!

Back
Top Bottom