lets put some eggs in the bator

I got 40 eggs in the bator now. Will probably get 4 to 6 more tomorrow on friday. I will set my eggs friday night after they all lay.

Last edited:
Wow lucky me today! My italian pair laid their first egg already! Its only 6 weeks old (exactly). Made it in time to get into the bator too so i might have an italian at the end of this hatch! Woohoo!

I set 46 eggs tonight, including that one italian egg. We'll see how many are fertile and started after a week when I candle them. Then use those numbers to get a hatch rate.

Can I join in? I set 15 red/tuxedo and 1 italian-pharaoh cross on Friday. I know I won't hatch the most, but it'll be fun anyway.

I got my eggs from Stellar, 3 were cracked but I tried sealing them and will candle in a few days to see what happens. Otherwise eggs were in good shape and packed well. I'm excited, they're gorgeous birds!

So does anybody candle or float their eggs to check viability? I did both last hatch, and it was awesome seeing signs of life even though they were pretty hard to see. I am itching to candle now, trying to restrain myself, lol

I use a thin coat of nail polish, I read about it on the incubation board. One has started to ooze, so out it went, but the other 2 I sealed are still looking good. I will have to candle them and see if they develop. I did this with my last batch and the sealed ones made it until lockdown, but then my son got a hold of the bator thermostat and cranked it all the way up. Temp got to 120 and needless to say none of them made it, but I had float tested them earlier that day and they were alive that morning. So I think it works, but I can't say 100%. Can't hurt to try, though, right?

I just candled a few of my eggs, and the ones I sealed are showing very clear veins! Some of the others don't look so good, the air cells are pretty messed up, but I'll leave them alone and try again in a few days. So excited! :D

Back
Top Bottom