lets see the "ugly" coops plz

Quote:
Me and the kids play with our chickens, I can lay down in the pen with the babies and they will come a running. I can walk up with the water hose and the run towards the water, and heaven forbid I ever carry a feed sack into their side of the run:^}

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

I don't even have a coop. What I have is a gate closing off the 25 x 6 foot area on the side of my house. An old plastic playhouse is what they sleep in, and we also have a few wooden boxes that they can hide in if they want to. The top of it all is netted off to keep out predators like cats, hawks, and raccoons. Most of the time we leave the gate open and let them roam the yard. So yeah, my "coop" is probably "ugly" considering that it's not a real one.

Wow, This is a great thread! I have to say, I have been researching and searching for the "perfect" coop to start off with when we get into this chicken hobby come June. I have found some online that are reasonable but others that I really like are super expensive. And like some have said on here, I do not want to get into this hobby and have it cost us all sorts of money. I saw some really great ideas and I'm glad this thread was created before I went out on my own and bought something. I really could probably build something myself thats just as good for about 1/4 of the cost. Thanks for the pictures everyone!

The plywood from a big shipping crate. My company just trashes this stuff, so now my yard looks like red fox lives here.

Back
Top Bottom