Lets see the wildest wall color in your house...

This is the funkiest room in the house. It was this color (and the windows were like this) when I bought the house. It's grown on me so I've left it. This is the kid room when my nieces come over to play. (They actually do I have faces in real life. I've mooshed over them in the photo for privacy purposes.)
2983_img_0479.jpg

Bedroom #2 color (a washed lt denium). The puppy is a young Lucy.
smile.png

2983_img_1613.jpg

The bathroom is a light sage/mint. This photo was made just after I finished the remodel. It was navy blue when I moved in. Ugg. Very dark and gloomy. I added the beadboard and trim, replaced the medicine cabinet and added new light fixtures. It's a happy bathroom now!
2983_img_1778.jpg

Living room walls are a mustard color. They color shift as the outside light changes. Very warm and homey.
2983_img_1859.jpg

The kitchen is a buttery yellow. This is right after the remodel. I put in new counters, floors and hardware. It is a cheery, happy kitchen, especially first thing in the morning as the sun comes through the big window.
2983_img_2760.jpg

I live in the Crayola House, as my sister calls it. The den is mustard, the dining room eggplant, the kitchen butter yellow, the bedrooms red and light blue and the bath a light green. I LOVE color on the walls. White walls make me crazy. The joy of this old farmhouse is that from any point in the house you can see at least four of the rooms. There is lots of color variety, but it all blends really well. This house makes me very, very happy!
smile.png

I love the wainscotting, R&S, very pretty.

This is my kitchen, which is a bluish purple. The picture makes it look a bit more blue then it is. I wanted a color in the kitchen that makes me smile, as I spend so much time in there.

12104_kitchen.jpg

Next is my living room. It's a rich wheat color. *edited to add that the color in the pics makes it look wimpier than it is *

12104_lr2.jpg

12104_lr1.jpg

My bathroom is also this color. Not pictured is my hallway, which is a rich green, and my bedroom, which is a blue (similar to Smartie's gorgeous room, but more blue and less teal).

Honestly, there is so much art on the walls 'round here that you can barely see the wall colors. But, we love having color in our lives, it sets off the artwork nicely and makes us feel content and peaceful. Especially the golds in my living room. Perhaps it's my artist perspective, but white walls always feel "unfinished" to me, like a blank canvas.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow, gorgeous colors! I adore grey and yellow together, like in your kitchen. I also like how you left white touches to set the colors off more. I think if I ever walked into your house, the colors would make me feel right at home (although yours is much cleaner than mine!). It looks to definitely be a house that makes you smile.

Thanks, Angie! My house is actually never, ever that clean. It's all an illusion.
big_smile.png
I actually picked that counter color because of all the chips I had left on the counter, that was the one that showed the least dirt. The floor looks just like it. For that I put the vinyl samples down and let the dogs run over them for a couple of weeks. Winner was the cleanest looking one.
lol.png

Thankfully for me both the floor and the counters look kind of retro. They totally fit in with this old 1930's farmhouse. The floor actually makes me think of my Grandmother's old kitchen floor. Talk about warm fuzzie, happy feelings.
smile.png

I think there are certain spaces on earth that make our souls content. For me, this house is one of those places. There is a peacefulness that surrounds it and it just settles me. It is unlike any other house I've ever lived in. I knew from the minute I saw it that it was my house (the realtor took a little more convincing.
lol.png
).

Well, I don't have a photo, but I painted our master bedroom deep blackberry wine and I absolutely love it. That is the darkest I have ever painted a room. Much to my mother's chagrin.
big_smile.png

The rest of our house interior is plain old white, but I may paint the window sills/trim sage green. I haven't decided if I want that or to leave them just wood with a light coat of varnish. Time will tell.

Our old house used to be a "crayola" house as CityGirlintheCountry described.

Hmm... Part of my room in our old house was cornflower blue. it was awesome.

Yesterday we painted my new room celery green. Everything else in new house? A whiteish yellow. I do not like that color. AT ALL.

Our house is pretty unusual for New England because it's s type much more common to CA or FL:

3812_international2_lrg.jpg

This looks from our dining room into the kitchen; I think this is color is Benjamin Moore "Lime freeze" - it's an amazing acid yellow green and we love it! Our kids love it too. We have lots of intense color like this in our house - color is something we definitely not afraid of!

Phyllis

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom