LETS sEE Your Nesting Boxes + discussion

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bahamas, Jun 14, 2010.

1. bahamas

bahamas Songster

Jan 16, 2010
    I'd just like to see what every1 uses for nesting boxes. ve seen old buckets . Homemade wooden ones. Ones made from dog kennels, crates. I want to make one out of an old hamper. LOLz. What do u use and pics of them please ! Lets also discuss them. !

2. I am getting pictured right now

3. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'll get some pics tomorrow and show you mine.

4. Here is the outside
    [​IMG]
    And the inside

[​IMG]

5. bahamas

bahamas Songster

Jan 16, 2010
    great stuff guys !. i start wortk on the hamper nest box and take a pic tommorow... now if only that ghost in my house could return the sciscors !

6. ashsmith

ashsmith In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    My chicks aren't old enough to lay eggs yet, but here's my nesting set-up. (It was an old antique nest box that my mom gave me. She'd been using it as decoration, but I'm using it as a nesting box condo.)

[​IMG]

7. bahamas

bahamas Songster

Jan 16, 2010
    I gotta work on min tonight found scissors great stuff every-one keep posting !

8. Inside.
    [​IMG]

Outside.
    [​IMG]

9. tammyd57

tammyd57 Songster

I use an old compost tumbler barrel for a community nest. I took the door off and stood it on end and put about a foot of bedding in there. It's outside of the coop in a secluded corner of the run. It looks tacky but saves space in the coop and the hens love it! I'll try to get a pic of it in the morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by