Let's share our chicken decor!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by OnlyOrps, Mar 4, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're welcome @sunflour , anytime you need cluttering call me! (I'd donate some of mine to you but it's not following the poultry theme, lol.)

Love the wall grouping!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @Miss Lydia thanks so much,
    I actually tried using grandma's bowl once and decided to display it instead…those old biscuit bowls worked well, I guess, stored in the pantry with left over flour, but what a mess to try to clean. Cleaned it and oiled it was shocked at how rich it looked with a little mineral oil, up and hung it last year. Now just memories of her great biscuits, so much better than mine :) She had a chicken yard always filled with layers - and sure those were the Sunday fryers - so don't think she would mind the chicken art around the bowl ..
    Thanks, but I have enough clutter of my own. Notice how I try to crop close on tha photos, so y'all don't notice?[​IMG] I have given away attic and garage clutter stuff at least 3 x and it still multiplies, worse than "they say" rabbits do. I don't know why :) But I'm not a garage sell kinda girl..[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

In other words you like to hold onto your clutter. Listen I know what you mean I have a box of something going out every week and it still looks just like it did before I packed stuff up, Multiply is right.
    Sweet memories of our grandmas I was just telling dh how much fun it use to be when we were kids to go for that 2 week vacation to visit grandparents and family and have fresh churned ice cream oh I can just about taste it. Home made biscuits another favorite. That bowl is very special sunflour

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Sunflour, what beautiful show pieces you have. It's nice how you displayed them all.
    :thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    @NickyKnack

Thanks.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I love the rolling pin hanger roosters.

7. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    Everyone has such neat stuff and great stories! I love reading this thread to brighten my day.

If anyone wants even more chicken decor, Sarah Hudock has a lot of her work on sale for 50% off! I've been waiting for a certain item to go on sale and finally bought it.
    Here is the link: http://chickenart.com/shop/
    [​IMG]

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Now, I just love that! :love

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thanks for the link, she has some fun stuff!

10. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Oh wow that chicken art is great!! Would love most of it!! May see if they ship to the UK. Have not found anything like this on a UK website.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by