Let's share our chicken decor!

Here's some recent additions to my "coop" collection - all Flea Market/Antique Mill purchases. A little light in the powder room - just had to add a light bulb and plug it up :jumpy The shade is a real wire frame - thought I was going to recover but it works perfectly with the colors already there. Don't know what he is meant to hold - but for now has fake eggs to tend. He was a bargain for $5.00 - had planned to try to repaint but does well with the buffet table runner? (a few scratches and scuffs makes him more lovable). Maybe he can hold wrapped candies, napkins or cutlery? He did have a little odor from the place but some soap, water and a day outside fixed that :) Cookie or Junk Jar? Table lamp - the seller had spray painted everything all black - I liked it but could not find anywhere to use it. Saw the brass peeking through some scratches....So stripped it down to the original brass/copper/wood. The shade is a hard one without framing and an odd shape to redo- so thinking about adding a little antique gold accent or just leave it alone? It has two light sockets with pull chains - DH rewired it for me today with new light sockets. I took the lamp apart and would advise anyone redoing and rewiring a multiple part lamp to photograph the process - reconstruction was interesting :lau I can't get the finial straight so decide to just leave it where it wants to stay. Guess one of those washers in the base should have been under the finial so it could turn?
You must have some nice flea markets or are really good at spotting stuff. Really nice. I love the lamps, I would have fought you for them. You have done a really great refurbishment on the last lamp. Now I have lamp envy.
1f600.png

Just FYI, walmart will deliver ANYTHING. From a bar of soap to furniture. And.....if the order totals more than $50, shipping is FREE :) Good luck finding some great stuff.

You must have some nice flea markets or are really good at spotting stuff. Really nice. I love the lamps, I would have fought you for them. You have done a really great refurbishment on the last lamp. Now I have lamp envy.
1f600.png

Thanks, but sorry about he envy
roll.png

There are 2 local shops I love - mostly vintage stuff, with a few real antiques and loads of junk --- but fun to look do walk throughs for discovery.

I used a great product for the paint stripping - Citristrip - smells nice and was so easy and quick. But the Wood bases had a lacquer under the spray paint that would have been a task, but DH used Acetone and made a quick job of it. The hardest part was staining the wood for a color to fit in the room. There's a nice aged patina to the brass and copper parts that don't show well in pic.

You did a really good job, I don't think I would have thought to do all that, I'm artistic but not crafty, so my work can be sloppy and interpretive, yours is clean and nice. Love them, can I say that too much.

You did a really good job, I don't think I would have thought to do all that, I'm artistic but not crafty, so my work can be sloppy and interpretive, yours is clean and nice. Love them, can I say that too much.

Aww Shucks, thanks so much.....but I have seen your great artwork....I may be crafty but no real talent like yours
bow.gif

Here's some recent additions to my "coop" collection - all Flea Market/Antique Mill purchases.

A little light in the powder room - just had to add a light bulb and plug it up
jumpy.gif
The shade is a real wire frame - thought I was going to recover but it works perfectly with the colors already there.

Don't know what he is meant to hold - but for now has fake eggs to tend. He was a bargain for $5.00 - had planned to try to repaint but does well with the buffet table runner? (a few scratches and scuffs makes him more lovable). Maybe he can hold wrapped candies, napkins or cutlery? He did have a little odor from the place but some soap, water and a day outside fixed that :)

Cookie or Junk Jar?

Table lamp - the seller had spray painted everything all black - I liked it but could not find anywhere to use it. Saw the brass peeking through some scratches....So stripped it down to the original brass/copper/wood. The shade is a hard one without framing and an odd shape to redo- so thinking about adding a little antique gold accent or just leave it alone? It has two light sockets with pull chains - DH rewired it for me today with new light sockets.
I took the lamp apart and would advise anyone redoing and rewiring a multiple part lamp to photograph the process - reconstruction was interesting
lau.gif
I can't get the finial straight so decide to just leave it where it wants to stay. Guess one of those washers in the base should have been under the finial so it could turn?

Great finds sunflour! I especially love the lamps, very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom