Let's start something

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly!!! Thanks for posting this!
big_smile.png

I was trying to get people to think a little more of the product we buy. I like the fact that vegetarians feel strongly about farming practices and change their lifestyle. By not buying the products that we know to be raised by bad animal husbandry, we cast a strong vote. Most people on here are not even buying eggs, but many of their friends/family are: Pass on the word to those people [who pick up the cheapest eggs in the supermarket] to think a little more of the chain of events that resulted in that product being so cheap in the first place.

There are actually three types of egg production:

Battery
Cageless (that's what the picture was of)
Free Range

There are guidlines to claim eggs as "free range." Cageless does not equal free range.

Quote:
How do you know each carrot you yank out of the ground isn't screaming in agonizing pain? How do you know that that piece of asparagus you just dropped into that boiling pot of water isn't gasping for air and also screaming in agonizing pain? Because no one has heard vegetables make a sound? So that means vegetables can't feel pain too, just because they don't make any noise when you do things to them?

Oh, I tried to watch that video on that site.....I only went so far... I managed to see the poor chickens with their wings and toes stuck in the cages. I can handle this...the abuse by the workers... I couldn't. I didn't see the rest.

I have my two chickens, and they give my family and I an egg each per day. They are wonderful creatures, and I always thank them for their gifts to me.

Hopefully things will change for the better with info like this for all to see. It has to. We can only hope.

Back
Top Bottom