Lets Talk About Breeding Rabbits!

I was thinking about getting some Angora bunnies - they are just so darn cute. I would want them for pets, but would want a Doe and a Buck so they eventually have a kit . I just love the experience of the whole thing.

My question ... is $125.00 for one Angora bunnie expensive? It seems a lot to me ... but if they are worth it and hearty then maybe it would be a good investment to buy a few and breed then try to sell some some day.

What do you think?

Sounds like a lot to me. Check in your area for prices. See what they go for around you. That sounds kind of high to me.

Wait until after Easter when people are getting rid of their rabbits if you are looking for a pet.

I personally would never pay that much for a rabbit ...even for an angora. I think $50 or less would be more reasonable, especially if you just want pet quality (not show). I had one several years ago (in the late 90's) and paid $10.

I bred my Holland lops in December...my beautiful girl Sonny just had her first litter of 5 born on Jan 13th. They are SOOO dang cute.

This is the only pic I have so far.
45758_dscf3760.jpg

Depends on the individual rabbit. Most breeds you'll find pedigreed stock from $5 to $100s depending on type, coat quality, temperament of the line, color quality, and how popular the lines or rabbitry is. You have to decided if you really need a rabbit in the $100s.

Not many Giant Angora rabbits in my area I guess ... but looking on the web the going rates looks to be about $100. But when I emailed this breeder she actually said she was accused of changing to little for these 'exotic' rabbits ... and the other breeders charged upwards to $300. each. WOW!!!! I'm sure thinking that most price a lot of people right out of those breeds.

I just wanted them for a pet ... but If I could sell a bunny for $100 that would be great ... just not sure anyone else would pay that much , especially in this economy *smile*

Quote:
That baby bunny is so adorable from what I can see ... it that the momma's fur it's in?

Yes it is! Sorry the pic is so blurry...just wanted to get one fast! Checked on them today and they are getting their fuzz. I'll take a pic again soon...

Quote:
We'll be getting our breeding trio in the spring. Reasons for breeding and raising them are:
1. Wholesome meat.
2. Fur for our own use.
3. Chores for the kids.

Quote:
We'll be getting our breeding trio in the spring. Reasons for breeding and raising them are:
1. Wholesome meat.
2. Fur for our own use.
3. Chores for the kids.

What type of rabbits are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom